What is Software Testing?
Definition: The process of Evaluation of a system and its components with the intent of validating against specific requirements
Software Testing Life Cycle.
When to start testing?
- Cost and rework is reduced when testing starts early in the developement phase.
- Testing can start from the requirement gathering phase to the deployment phase.
- Testing takes many forms and depends on the software development model.
Testing myths to overcome:
"Testing is too expensive.
Testing is time-consuming.
Only fully developed processes are tested.
A tested software is bug-free."
The Importance of Testing
- Recognizing Faults : Errors can be in unit level or system level. After going through testing the application will be free of errors.
- Enhancing Product Standards : With proper testing an application can be bug-free. This helps to build up ideal software for the end-users.
- Evaluating Credibility : If the software application has gone through all testing types (like unit testing, regression testing, smoke testing, etc.), the application will be a reliable one.